Why Choose AS Level History?
The syllabus aims to develop:
- an interest in the past and an appreciation of human endeavour
- a greater knowledge and understanding of historical periods or themes
- a greater awareness of historical concepts such as cause and effect, similarity and difference, and change and continuity
- an appreciation of the nature and diversity of historical sources available, and the methods used by historians
- an exploration of a variety of approaches to different aspects of history and different interpretations of particular historical issues
- the ability to think independently and make informed judgments on issues
- an empathy with people living in different places and at different times
- a firm foundation for further study of History.
How Are Candidates assessed?
Paper 1: Document Question / 1 hour / 40%
Paper 2: Outline Study / 1 hour 30 mins / 60%