Why AS Level English Language? (2021)
AS Level in English Language is accepted worldwide by universities and employers as proof of knowledge and understanding.
The Aims of the COLLS AS Level English Language Course:
The successful completion of the course will provide candidates with lifelong skills including:
• the ability to write clearly, accurately, creatively and persuasively
• the ability to use appropriate styles and registers for different contexts
• the ability to analyse a variety of complex texts in a variety of forms and styles
• an understanding of language use to inform and persuade.
How are candidates assessed?
- Paper 1 Passages Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes / Weighting 50%
- Paper 2 Writing Duration: 2 hours / Weighting 50%